Terms & Conditions
Membership terms and conditions
This document sets out the terms and conditions which apply when you decide to purchase any Services or nutritional Supplements from us, whether via our website or at one of our gym. By placing an order, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions in full.
We use the following references in this document:-
“We”, “our” and “us” means CoActive Health. “Health Issues” means any health condition, injury or mobility issue which has been diagnosed or which you believe you may have, regardless of whether it is temporary or permanent.
“PT” means a qualified personal trainer who we employ or subcontract in order to deliver the Services to you.
“Services” means any one or more of the following:-
“Personal Training”, which comprises one-on-one sessions with a PT at our gym, together with any related nutritional advice which our PTs are qualified and competent to provide to you;
“Semi Private Training” which comprises four people training during the sessions at our gym with a PT;
“Strong Man Class” which comprises large group training under our ‘Strong Man Class’ with a PT and which we typically hold at different times in to our gym.
“Supplements” means nutritional supplements which we sell to you either via our website or in person, at one of our gyms.
Important health and safety information
- The Services that we offer predominantly involve (or relate to) lifting, pushing or pulling heavy weights and your own bodyweight, plus other strenuous exercises. We also offer nutritional advice targeted at body composition goals (but not medical issues) where our PTs are qualified and/or competent to do so.
- While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that our Services are delivered to applicable standards of health and safety, the human body is complex and unpredictable and so, as with any form of exercise, our Services carry an inherent risk of minor and serious physical injury. Due to these risks we strongly recommend that you consult with a competent, qualified doctor before you start using our Services to identify any Health Issues that you may have and to make sure that the Services we provide (including exercise and nutritional guidance) are appropriate for you.
- Any advice that you receive from us only relates to exercise and nutrition for body composition. Our advice is not a substitute for medical advice from a doctor or from a physiotherapist, osteopath, medical nutritionist, dietician or other therapist.
- You must keep us up to date about your Health Issues during the Services. This includes telling us if you feel unwell or ‘below par’.
- You must not hold information back from us or your PT about your Health Issues because you think it may be minor, trivial or irrelevant, or you haven’t had a medical diagnosis yet.
- If you do have Health Issues we may need guidance from your doctor as to how we deliver the Services, before you commence them.
- If you suffer death or personal injury in connection with the Services, but this could have been avoided (or its effects reduced) if you had provided us with adequate information about your Health Issues or if you had consulted with a doctor, we will not accept any liability for death or personal injury which could have been so avoided (as the cause of death/injury would not have been a result of our negligence).
Liability for things that go wrong
- You enter into this contract with us as a consumer. This contract does not create any liability (directly or indirectly) as between us and any business that you work for, or which you own or any client of such a business. We therefore exclude all business- related liabilities which could potentially arise in relation to the Services.
- If you bring personal property to our gyms or anywhere where we operate then you do so at your own risk. We cannot accept liability for the loss, theft or accidental damage to your personal belongings at our gyms or other premises, but we will make secure lockers available if you need one. We must exclude this liability because the gym where we operate have a wide range of people visiting every day and we cannot supervise everybody.
- Subject to paragraph 7, we do not exclude our liability for death or personal injury where it is caused by our negligence.
- For all other losses which you suffer as a result of our acts or omissions (i.e. all except from death or personal injury), our liability towards you is capped, in financial terms, at the level of any applicable insurance policy which we have in place from time to time (we will take out insurance policies which are appropriate to our business and the risks we face).
Photographs & Videos
For Personal Training and Semi Private Training clients, we may require photographs to be taken in order to track your progress during the Services. For all Services that we deliver, we may take photographs or film the session which takes place. Copyright in all such materials belongs exclusively to us. By purchasing Services, you consent to us using these images and videos in our online and paper marketing if we choose to, save that if you are unhappy with this at any point, please tell us and we will either not publish the images or videos or take reasonable steps to ensure that people cannot identify you.
Prices & Payment
- All fees paid for Services are non-refundable.
- All prices quoted include VAT.
- Our prices for all Services are reviewed regularly and so the price for renewing a package may sometimes be greater than the price of the previous package.
- You are always required to pay for Services that we deliver to you, regardless of whether you have pre-paid or not. If Services are pre-paid and you fall into arrears, we reserve the right to stop providing the Services.
- If we agree that you may pay for the Services in installments, then you must ensure that each installment is paid on time. If an installment is not paid on time, the Services will be suspended.
Cancellations – Individual Sessions
The cancellation policy for Private and Semi Private Training is 24 hours and cancellations must be made via our Glofox App. Any rescheduled session must be taken within the time period that applies to the Services.
Cancellations – Packages
If you have an outstanding balance on your account that you fail to settle within 10 days of the due date, we reserve the right to cancel the Services, at which point the fees specified in accordance with Clause 26 will become due and payable by you.
You may also cancel the Services by providing us with written notice. But if you cancel, the fees specified at Clause 26 below will still become due and payable by you.
The fees that will become payable in the event that your Services package is cancelled early are as follows:
- You must pay us the full-price for all Services that we have delivered to you;
- It is your responsibility to check with your doctor before taking any Supplement. We and our PTs cannot decide whether a given Supplement is appropriate to your specific circumstances or Health Issues.
- In particular, you should ask your doctor about blood tests for mineral and/or other deficiencies before taking any Supplement and also during the period when you take the Supplement, to ensure that you are maintaining safe levels of vitamins and minerals (i.e. not too low or too high).
- All of our Supplements are purchased from reputable manufacturers and distributors. We are entirely reliant upon the manufacturers and distributors in terms of the quality of the Supplements and that they match the description on the bottle and that they conform to applicable standards and regulations within the UK and European Union.
- Your statutory rights, that the Supplements are of satisfactory quality and that their ingredients match the description contained on the label are unaffected by this Agreement.
- We do not, however, offer any warranty that the Supplements are ‘fit for purpose’ in terms of any health or nutritional benefits. Scientific evidence relating to Supplements, including in relation to its benefits and risks, is hugely varied across the world and many Supplements have not been studied scientifically at all and to any great extent. Any claims regarding risks and benefits is often anecdotal and open to question. We therefore cannot endorse or provide any warranty regarding the potential benefits or side effects of any given Supplement. Our position, in this respect, is no different to any high-street store which sells similar supplements.
- We encourage all clients to conduct their own research into a Supplement before they take it in order to decide if it is right for them and to speak with their doctor.
- The Supplements we sell are not medicines and are not intended to treat medical conditions. They are food supplements.
- The language of this Agreement has been written with the consumer in mind.
- To the fullest extent permissible under UK and EU law, this contract is governed by the law of England & Wales and is subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts. By buying our Services you are deemed to understand and agree to this.
At CoActive Health we care about your privacy. We want you to know that we’re not in the business of selling, renting or trading personal information. This page explains our approach to privacy and how it affects you.
Measuring our visitors
We measure visitors to our website using Google Analytics. This records what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about your computer. All of that information is anonymous – so we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our site.
The information we collect from analytics helps us understand what parts of our sites are doing well, how people arrive at our site and so on. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better. You can learn more about Google Analytics or opt out if you wish.
Facebook, Twitter and other social networks
These services provide social buttons and similar features which we use on our website – such as the “Like” and “Tweet” buttons. To do so we embed code that they provide and we do not control ourselves. To function their buttons generally know if you’re logged in; for example Facebook use this to say “x of your friends like this”. We do not have any access to that information, nor can we control how those networks use it.
Social networks therefore could know that you’re viewing this website, if you use their services.
Contact form submissions
Information that you submit via any of our contact forms is used to help us respond to your enquiry. We do not store this information on the website’s database – it is simply delivered by email to the CoActive Health team so that they can respond to your enquiry. If you become a member of CoActive Health, we may store such form submissions as part of your client records for the duration of your membership.
As part of the registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or contacting us via our contact form.
Links to Other Sites
To help prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. CoActive Health takes the following precautions:
- The use of SSL Encryption on the website and email accounts.
- The use of Firewalls and other security software on our website.
- All access to information restricted by password and/or secure key.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Of course you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. Nobody at CoActive Health will ever ask you for your password, so please don’t trust anybody asking you for it.
As a general rule we only ask for and process information that we need in order to deliver our services to you or to provide what you have asked from us. You are however entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. If you need help with this, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Updates to this policy
This policy was last reviewed on 29.04.18.