Bone broths have been getting quite a bit of press of late for the potential health benefits.
- Provide a great source of the amino acid glycine which helps with detoxification.
- Provides trace minerals such as calcium and phosphorus.
- Contain gelatin which Supports skin health.
Making your own broth from scratch is easy and economical, it is also a great way of using up leftovers. Here at CoActive we like to use the chicken carcass after a roast but you can just as easily use beef or lamb bones.
- 1 liter of water
- 500g of Bone
- 1 x carrot
- ½ Onion
- 1 celery stick
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- Place all the ingredients in a slow cooker and put on low over night. If you don’t have a slow cooker simply place in a cook pot and cook on low.
- In the morning strain out the fluid with a sieve.
- Use straight away or you can store in the fridge for a week at least.